Thursday, December 10, 2009

What kinds of books do you like to read?

Have you ever heard of the word   GENRE?   

Genre means what kind of book it is.  For example:  

Fantasy (A story that is impossible such as talking animals, etc.)
Mystery (A suspenseful story that has something to be solved and you don't find out what happened until the end).
Realistic Fiction (A story that isn't true, but is real enough sounding that it could happen)
Poetry (Verse written, can be rhyming or have a rhythm)
Scary (A book that gives you a fright!)
Humorous (Comic books, or funny books)
Science Fiction  (A type of fantasy that uses science or technology)
Historical Fiction (A story that isn't true, but based on something in history)
Traditional Literature (Stories passed down from person to person, for example: Fables &Fairytales)
Informational (Something you get facts from)
Biography (A story about someone's life)
Autobiography (A story about someone's life told by that person)

Please post what genres that you like reading most!

32 comments:

  1. I like Informational books because I like learning about animals. I own a Red Slider Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like folk tales that are short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading fantasy books. They are interesting and fun to learn about magical places and interesting things. I'm reading Fairy Realm it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like funny books because they make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like funny books and silly books because they make me laugh but they also have some real things in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like funny books like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Calvin and Hobbes, etc.
    because the characters in those books also have cool strategies for example, in one Calvin and Hobbes comic. Calvin doesn't want to go in for dinner so Calvin makes tracks in the snow backwards to fool his parents to keep on going so Calvin can have more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to read mystery books because the story is really awesome! There are lots of mystery books and there is lots of interesting stories. It is really good to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like fantasy books such as Percy Jackson and the olympians because you can never tell what is going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like books that have a little fantasy, they are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like fantasy books like Percy Jackson And The Olympians. Rick Riordan writes awesomely cool books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to read mysteries. For example, A To Z mysteries are one of my favorites. You should try reading them! I really recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to read books that are about cars , spaces and mystery books. I also like to read books that are real. I like history because it is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Mystery books ! My favorite is The Mystery Collection . Its about the five "finder outers" who solve three mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am reading a series of Katie Kazoo and it is really funny. My mom and I like reading it together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to read fiction books like Seekers the Quest Begins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like to read scary books like Dairy of a Fairy Godmother. I like scary books because every scary book has at least one creepy character and I love creepy characters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to read fantasy books. I also like to read adventure books. I also like comics. I like those kinds of books because they are full of action and I like action. Those 3 kinds of books all have so much action that I'm always happy to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite type of books are comedies. Hoot is a good book if you like comedies. My favorite character is Curly. I like Curly because he is sometimes funny, serious, or crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy reading realistic fiction novels about families. I especially enjoy female authors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll name them all: Fantasy, Mystery, Realistic Fiction, Humorous, Informational, Biography, Autobiography, and Fairy Tales, I just LOVE reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love mysteries and humorus books .They really connect me to the book.I absolutely love the author Roald Dahl. His books are really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love mystery books they are so cool because the have cool clues in them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like funny books because they make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like to read fantasy books and adventure books. I am happy reading, you should too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite topic for a book is Action/Adventure. I like them because they give me a tingle inside.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoy fantasy,mystery and realistic fiction books very much. You would love The Tale of Despereaux if you like fiction books.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i like to read informational books about animals

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like reading fantasy books.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like Bakugan Books because I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is Mr. Derfel. Is it o.k. for me to write here, too? If it is, I'd like to share that historical fiction and informational are the two genres I most enjoy reading. Of course, I also enjoy reading blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. i like books that are violent and filled with action and funny. i like those kind of books because'' I think that mystery books and some types of chapter books are super boring.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like reading somewhat scary but still under control books for example Echo Falls mystery books. They are in the adult section and have about 400 pages. A good reader should read them.

    ReplyDelete